Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Schools: Public vs. Private

Mom's comment about voting made me think of this:

I watched this 20/20 report about American Schools a little while ago. I am praying that Sebastian's Grandma Broadbent will retire and be his teacher when he is ready for school. It seems like the only argument against home schooling is the lack of socialization (which seem like nothing compared to the problems with schools). I think we are too dependent on the schools to educate, socialize, and feed our children. No effort made by any teacher will compensate for lack of decent parenting. I hope that by the time Sebastian is ready for school that things will change. I don't think vouchers are the answer but I hope that they are a step in the right direction.

Use the link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfRUMmTs0ZA
or
I added it to the YouTube section so you can watch it here. It's the first video.

No comments: